SCUBAPRO leaps light years ahead in underwater illumination with the introduction of the new NOVALIGHT 720. Technical to its core, it is machined from heavy-duty aluminum so it is lightweight and built to last. Its light head is equipped with the newest CREE XPL LED, capable of pumping out between 700 and 800 lumens of brilliant illumination. A 50 percent mode allows you to increase burn time if you don't need the full power.
The NOVALIGHT 720 uses simple twist-on/twist off activation backed by double-O-ring seals. Strategically placed knurling (raised-up diamond-shaped indentations in the metal) improves grip and makes the twist activation that much easier. Shock-proof rubber protection on the end of the light head safeguards the electronics and provides an additional no-slip surface.
The NOVALIGHT 720 measures 9.1in/232mm in length and is powered by three C-cell batteries that provide up to 10 hours of burn time. Rated to a maximum depth of 1000ft/300m, the NOVALIGHT 720 is equipped with an overpressure valve on the end cap, an important safety feature not normally found on torches in the NOVALIGHT 720's price range.
For tech divers who like a durable dive light with good heft, a generous hand grip, excellent illumination and long burn times, the NOVALIGHT 720 can't be beat. (A wide-angle version, the Novalight 720 Wide and a more compact rechargeable version, the Novalight 720R, are also available.)
- Rugged gun-metal aluminum body offers a stealthy "tech" look while providing lightweight long-term durability.
- Interchangeable light head.
- NEW -- Equipped with the newest CREE XPL LED.
- NEW - 13.800lux@1m.
- NEW - Two modes: 100% and 50% power.
- 720 lumens ranks among the best in its class in illumination.
- Light measures 9.1in/232mm in length.
- Double O-ring seals ensure watertight integrity.
- Diamond-shaped knurling on both handle and light head guarantees a firm grip, with or without gloves.
- Easy twist on/twist off activation allows for trouble-free operation, regardless of depth.
- Shock-proof rubber protection keeps the light head safe from knocks and bumps.
- Over-pressure valve releases battery off-gassing -- a safety feature not normally found on dive lights at this price point.
- A depth rating of 1000ft/300m ensures worry-free lighting in virtually all diving conditions.
- Powered by three C-cell batteries (not included) that provide up to 10 hours of burn time.
When it comes to evaluating a dive light's brightness, measuring lumens is the easiest and most useful comparison method. A lumen is the intensity of light as it is perceived by a human eye. In other words, a lumen indicates brightness, opposed to a watt which measures power output.
When it comes to cranking out brightness, the NOVALIGHT 720 runs well ahead of the pack. Producing higher lumens than most primary dive lights -- including many large pistol-grip styles -- and out-pacing virtually all secondary dive lights, the NOVALIGHT 720 leads the market in sheer light intensity
Using a set of three C-cell batteries the NOVALIGHT 720delivers intense maximum illumination which gradually settles into a steady light output, delivering 10-plus hours of total burn time. Using the light at 50 percent power extends burn time considerably.